HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Killed from both Sides

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mahmoud younis
Admin

PostSubject: The Killed from both Sides   Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:19 am

The outcome of the battle was as aforementioned an ignominious rout for the polytheists and a manifest victory for the Muslims. Fourteen Muslims were killed, of whom six were from the Emigrants and eight from the Helpers. The polytheists sustained heavy casualties, seventy were killed and a like number taken prisoners. Many of the principal men of Makkah, and some of Muhammad [pbuh]’s bitterest opponents, were among the slain. Chief of these was Abu Jahl.

On the third day, the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] went out to look at the slain polytheists, and said:

"What an evil tribe you were as regards your Prophet, you belied me but the others have believed; you let me down while the others have supported me; you expelled me, whereas the others have sheltered me."

He stood over the bodies of twenty-four leaders of Quraish who had been thrown into one of the wells, and started to call them by name and by the names of their fathers, saying: "Would it not have been much better for you if you had obeyed Allâh and His Messenger? Behold, we have found that our Lord’s promise do come true; did you (also) find that the promises of your Lord came true?" Thereupon, ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab said: "O Messenger of Allâh! Why you speak to bodies that have no souls in them?" The Prophet [pbuh] answered: "By Him in Whose hand is Muhammad [pbuh]’s soul! You do not hear better what I am saying than they do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://us2allah.forumotion.com

The Killed from both Sides
Page 1 of 1